If you want to buy digital games on the Nintendo eShop but you don’t have a credit card or you don’t want to use a Nintendo eShop card, just use Paymaya.
This post will show you how to use Paymaya to load up your Nintendo eShop account on the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch.
Note: Paymaya is only available in the Philippines. Any Philippine mobile number can avail of this service.
What Is Paymaya?
Paymaya is an app that acts as a credit or debit card that you can use to pay anything you buy online. You can use it to shop or book flights online. Think of it as a virtual prepaid card. Any online sites or stores that accept credit or debit cards will accept Paymaya.
You can load it on any Paymaya partners such as 7-Eleven, Palawan Pawnshop, Smart Padala Centers, SM Stores Business Services and Robinsons Department Store Business Centers.
They also offer a physical card where you can use it on any establishment that accepts credit cards. You’ll have to buy it though. Paymaya can be upgraded too. You can buy so that you can send money and use it to withdraw funds via ATM.
So just download the Paymaya app on your phone and follow the instructions on how to set up your account.
For more info on how to create an account and how it works, visit their FAQ page.
How much should I load?
Depending on the game you want to purchase, you can easily load up any amount you want. An average Nintendo game costs about $40 USD, so you better load up about $100 USD just to be sure.
The Nintendo eShop only allows you to add funds up to $10, $20, $50, and $100. These are the same denominations on their Nintendo eShop cards. Take note, it doesn’t allow you to add funds that will exceed your total funds to $200, so just add funds enough to buy one game.
My Paymaya account now has funds. How do I use it on the Nintendo eShop?
Now that you have added funds to your Paymaya account, you’re all set! Just grab your Nintendo 3DS or Switch and go straight to the Nintendo eShop page.
Adding funds to your Nintendo 3DS
For this guide, we’ll add funds to the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS.
- First, go the Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS. Touch the orange Menu button on the top left of the bottom screen.
- Next, scroll down and select “Add Funds”.
- Choose “Add Funds Using a Credit Card”.
- Select an amount to load. Take note you can’t add an amount that would cause your balance to exceed $200.00. This time I’ll just add $10.00.
- Next, choose the type of credit card to use. My Paymaya card is a Mastercard.
- Now, enter your credit card information. After that, select OK.
- Enter your zip code. After that it will ask you to store credit-card information. I chose “No” just to be sure.
- Next is a confirmation screen that displays the funds you are adding. Select “Add Funds”.
And you’re all set! Click “OK” to return to the eShop homepage.
Adding funds to your Nintendo Switch
For this guide, we’ll add funds to the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch.
We need to set the credit card information on the Account Information page first before we can add funds.
- First, go to the Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo Switch. It’s the little bag icon between the news icon and the album icon.
- Next, touch your avatar or the tiny picture on the top right corner of the screen. This takes you to your Nintendo eShop Account Information page.
In here you can see your current balance, credit-card information, Paypal information, location settings, password entry settings, and the active-console status.
- In the credit card information page, just input the necessary details found on your Paymaya card. On the zip code area, just enter the zip code of the state you used on your eShop account. After that, touch the Next button.
Now you’re all set to add funds!
- Now, touch the Add Funds button on the top.
- The next page will show you different payment options. Since we are using Paymaya, touch the credit card button.
- You will then be asked to choose the amount you want to add. This time I’ll just add $10.
And that’s it! You just added funds to your Nintendo eShop account using Paymaya.
Why Use Paymaya when you can just buy an eShop card or a physical copy?
Physical copies of Nintendo games are not available all the time. Supplies run out quickly especially if it’s a first party game from Nintendo like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey. Your best bet will be buying it digitally on the Nintendo eShop. And what’s more convenient is you can buy it directly buy just adding funds from your Paymaya account.
Paymaya is truly heaven-sent for gamers who can’t buy games on the Nintendo eShop because they don’t have a credit or debit card. So on your next digital purchase, why buy an overpriced eShop card when you can just use Paymaya?
Share this Post